Texas Amateur Athletic Federation Winter Games 2018
DATES: Saturday & Sunday, January 13-14, 2018
GOVERNED BY: USGA
RULES & ELIGIBILITY: USGA — Rules & Articles Adult & Junior Golf (T.A.A.F.)
9 HOLE ROUNDS – Holes 10-18
(Field limited to 20 per Division)
- 10-11 yrs — Boys/Girls
- 12-13 yrs — Girls
18 HOLE ROUNDS – All play will start on Hole #1
(Field limited to 20 per Division)
- 12-13 yrs — Boys
- 14-15 yrs — Boys/Girls
- 16-18 yrs — Boys/Girls
- 19-49 yrs – Adult Men/Women
- 50-69 yrs – Adult Senior Men/Women
- 70+ yrs – Adult Super Senior Men/Women
SCHEDULE & FORMAT
MONDAY – FRIDAY, JANUARY 8-12, 2018:
- Practice rounds for 18-hole participants may be played at any time. Nine-hole juniors must tee off before 9am
SATURDAY & SUNDAY, JANUARY 13-14, 2018:
- Progressive tee times starting on hole #1 (hole #10 for 9 hole Juniors), both days, starting at 7:30 a.m.
- Play will be in groups of 3 or 4 and 10-minute intervals will be used.
- Contestants will be paired on Sunday based on Saturday’s scoring.
Individual Stroke Play – Each player is playing their own ball. All USGA rules apply. Stroke play competition consists of each competitor completing each hole of a stipulated round. Nine stroke limit in effect. Score cards MUST be signed and attested at the conclusion of each round to be official.
- The top 3 places in each flight will receive medals.
- Awards Presentations will take place immediately at the conclusion of play for each flight.
ON COURSE WATER BOTTLES:
Bottled water for players and caddies will be available at the #1 & #10 tees.
Tee times will be available at the host course on Tuesday, January 9th or with pre-registration by calling the Pro Shop at (713) 773-9603.
Rules of Play:
The annual tournament is open to amateurs only. USGA rules will govern play. The tournament will also be governed by the local ground rules of the site chosen for the tournament. Each city may send all individuals directly to the state tournament. The state tournament will consist of a 36 hole medal play (low gross) tournament except for the following divisions:
- girls 10 – 11;
- girls 12 – 13;
- boys 10 – 11
which will be an eighteen (18) hole tournament, playing nine (9) holes each day.
Division will be as follows:
- Girls 10 – 11 Special Tees
- Girls 12 – 13 Special Tees
- Girls 14 – 15 (18) Red Tees
- Girls 16 – 18 (18) Red Tees
- Boys 10-11 Special Tees
- Boys 12-13 (18) Red Tees
- Boys 14-15 (18) Black Tees
- Boys 16-18 (18) White Tees
- Women ALL Divisions Red Tees
- Men 19-49 Blue Tees
- Men Senior & Super Senior Black Tees
- Caddies can be relatives, friends, etc.
- Only caddies will have direct contact with players during each round. Spectators will be required to remain at a distance from caddies and players.
- Caddies will be required to wear an “official caddie” t-shirt. There will be no exceptions
- Caddie t-shirts will be available for purchase at check-in.
- Caddies and players may use pull carts.
- Caddies may rent a cart to carry the player’s bag, but Junior players must walk.
Spectators cannot ride with caddies.
Practice rounds can be scheduled for registered athletes any time by calling 713-773-9603. Special pricing the week of the tournament will be as follows:
- Juniors 9 holes walking: $10
- Juniors 18 holes walking: $15
- 18 Holes with cart: $25
Pearland Golf Club reserves the right to pair up singles in carts. Requesting a single cart will be an additional $16. All fees subject to 8.25% sales tax.
*Juniors playing holes 10-18 MUST tee off before 9am
To request a practice tee time, visit www.pearlandgolfclub.com or call (713) 773-9603. Mention TAAF Practice to get special prices.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Monday, January 8, 2018 at 12pm central time.
The first 100 registered and paid players will receive souvenir cap and ball marker
- 9 Hole Rounds: $50
- 18 Hole Junior Rounds: $60 (Cart NOT included)
- 18 Hole Adult Rounds: $90. (Participant Shared Cart Included)
Fees per player include:
- Player Green fees for both tournament days.
- Player Driving range balls for both tournament days.
*TAAF fees are not included in the event registration fee. The registration site offers the option to pay $5 plus applicable processing fee to register with TAAF. Players are not allowed to participate without a TAAF athlete number.
Request for refunds not accepted after close of registration or by Monday, January 8, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. (CST).
TO REGISTER, download and print the TAAF Registration Form (.pdf)
Mail with payment to:
Pearland Golf Club
Attn: TAAF Winter Games
3123 Flower Field Lane
Pearland, Texas 77584
- All players are required to register on-site later than 9:30 am on Friday, January 12, 2018.
- Registration area will be open at noon on Thursday, January 11, 2018 and will close on Friday, January 12, 2018 at 5pm.
- Failure to check-in on site may result in disqualification.
Caddie Registration T-Shirts will take place Friday January 12, 2018 between 9AM – 5PM. Cost for official caddie T-Shirt is $15.
Free admission – Spectator Carts will be available on a limited basis at $36 per cart.
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
Players and spectators will responsible for purchasing their own food and beverage.
- Food and Beverage services will available for players and spectators at the Pearland Golf Club Tee Box Grill.
- Credit/Debit Card and Cash Payments will be accepted at the Tee Box Grill
Free parking is located at the Pearland Golf Club. No overnight parking is allowed at either location.
Director of Golf, Pearland Golf Club
713-773-9603 or email@example.com
Head Golf Professional, Pearland Golf Club
713-773-9603 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Co-Sponsored by: